On Saturday, July 16, Delegates to the WV Mountain Party 2016 Convention in Bridgeport, WV, unanimously nominated Charlotte Pritt as the Party choice for governor. Pritt, who had neither pre-announced her candidacy, nor campaigned prior to the Convention, was apparently caught off-guard by the Draft. Pritt nonetheless accepted the unanimous vote of the Convention Delegates, and will lead the Mountain Party ticket on West Virginia’s 2016 ballot.
Contributions directly to Charlotte’s campaign may be made by the following secure web portal:
In addition to Pritt, the following candidates will also be on the Mountain Party ticket, each having agreed to actively promote the entire Mountain Party Platform.
- MICHAEL SHARLEY – WV Attorney General, (Morgantown)
- BRUCE BREUNINGER – WV Senate District 11 (Richwood):
- RODNEY HYTONEN – WV House of Delegates – District 7 (Pennsboro)
- ELIZABETH RHULE – WV House of Delegates – District 36 (Charleston)
- CHRIS REED – WV House of Delegates – District 39 (Charleston)
- ALAN BALOGH,– WV House of Delegates – District 43 (Hillsboro)
- BARBARA DANIELS – House of Delegates – District 44 (Richwood)
Mike Sharley, Bruce Breuninger, Rod Hytonen, Elizabeth Rhule, and Alan Balogh were each nominated by the Party. Chris Reed and Barbara Daniels ran unopposed in the 2016 Primary.
2016 Mountain Party ENDORSEMENTS
The WV Mountain Party’s national affiliation with the Green Party grants the Green Party automatic ballot access to West Virginia’s general election. In exchange, the Mountain Party can name delegates to the Green Party Convention. The voting delegates to this year’s Mountain Party convention in Bridgeport chose to endorse Jill Stein of the Green Party for U.S. Presidential nominee at the Green Party’s upcoming convention in Houston, Texas.
In the true grassroots spirit, the Mountain Party is West Virginia’s only Political Party with full ballot access that chooses to endorse qualified candidates who are running on other Party tickets. The following candidates who also sought, and received, the endorsement of the Mountain Party voting delegates based on their public support of the 2016 Mountain Party Platform are:
- Mike Manypenny – 1st US Congressional District
- Mark Hunt – 2nd US Congressional District
- Matt Detch – 3rd US Congressional District
- Mike Pushkin – WV House 37th District -(Kanawha County)
- Melissa Riggs Huffman- WV House 40th District -(Kanawha County)
- Cat Webster – WV House 59th District – (Berkeley County (part), Morgan (part))